A thickening agent is a substance which can build up the viscosity of the fluid without generously altering its different properties. Thickening Agents are used as a part of paints, inks, explosives, and beauty care products .Thickening Agents may likewise enhance the suspension of different fixings or emulsions which build its stability. Some thickeners are gelling agents (gellants), framing a gel, dissolving in the fluid stage as a colloid blend. In petrochemistry, gelling agents or solidifiers are chemicals equipped for oil spills and framing elastic like solids.
Benefits of Thickening Agents:
- Helps in enhancing the viscosity of the aqueous solution
- Enhances the cosmetic view, touch and feel of the aqueous formulations
- Derived from plant extracts - completely biodegradable, organic and skin friendly
- Does not interfere in the chemical properties of the aqueous formulations.
- Available in liquid emulsion, hence easy to dose and mix