Coolant Corrosion Inhibitor serves as a specially formulated (nitrite free) chemical additive for Mono Ethylene Glycol to provide protection to the system metals from corrosion. It is a multi-metal corrosion inhibitor and prevents corrosion in multi-ways. Coolant Corrosion Inhibitor modifies metal surface by absorption and making it less susceptible to corrosion. It buffers the organic acids formed as a result of glycol oxidation and prevents further formation of acids. This product protects the metal surface from corrosion without reducing the heat transfer efficiency of the system.
Mono Ethylene Glycol oxidizes when exposed to air and heat. When this occurs, five organic acids viz., Glycolic, Glyoxalic, Formic, Carbonic and Oxalic Acid are formed. If not properly inhibited, this fluid gets very corrosive. These organic acids then chemically attacks and corrodes the system metal, causing pitting, pinhole and stress cracking corrosion.
Coolant Corrosion Inhibitor is added to Ethylene Glycol to act as buffer, preventing low pH attack on the metals. It also helps in passivating the metal surface to protect them from corrosion.Key Attributes and Benefits:
- Does not affect Freeze protection properties
- Saves power and increases heat transfer efficiency
- Extends system/engine metal life and coolant life
- Hard water tolerant and prevent scale deposition up to 200ppm calcium hardness
- Does not form sludge deposit in the system
- Avoids leakage and minimizes radiator cleaning jobs
- Compatible with all sorts of coolant dye